Advertising Done the YouTube Way
Advertising Done the YouTube Way
Does your business get the attention it needs? You can reach out to relevant clients with online videos that help you get more mileage for your advertising campaign. Videos provide a more enriching online experience, without the limitations of ads using only plain text or still images.
A strong digital marketing strategy involves advertising in YouTube – the second widest-used search engine next to Google.
Here are the various methods of advertising through YouTube:
- Topics – This involves targeting the topics that interest your target market, to achieve the desired results.
- Advantages: Specific without being too limiting; wide availability of impression; solid cost-per-click compared to using the placement method.
- Disadvantages: Doesn’t guarantee the relevance of websites showing your videos; can be too broad for niche targeting; lower conversion rate compared to placements method.
- Placements – This method allows you to choose the videos that you would like your ad to appear in.
- Advantages: Choose videos with high relevance; easy to control bids on the placements that matter; money spent only on placements with higher conversion chances.
- Disadvantages: May be challenging to upgrade the campaign; higher cost-per-clicks; low conversion volume.
- Contextual – This advertising method uses keywords to determine the pages that fit the same context of the specified keywords. The right keywords play a crucial role to the success of contextual targeting.
- Advantages: Improve campaign with only a low cost-per-click; focus on contexts with high relevance.
- Disadvantages: Negative placements are needed to ensure that the investment does not go to bad websites; may not initially achieve the desired conversion.
- Remarketing – Shows your previous visitors relevant ads as they browse other websites – even after they leave your site.
- Advantages: Can be tailored with users’ preferences in mind; optimal conversion rates; high relevance to users.
- Disadvantages: May be seen as invasive by some people; can be shown to irrelevant or disinterested parties.
- Interests – Audiences targeted through their interests can be classified into: affinity (targeting groups of people based on their long-term preferences and interests); and in-market audiences (targeting individuals who are actively doing their shopping for the specific services or products you offer.
- Advantages: Can target a larger number of relevant users, targets user behavior.
- Disadvantage: May still reach out to slightly relevant users.
- Demographics – Targeting using demographics, based on gender, and age. A parenting status demographic option is also being used by Google.
- Advantages: Bids can be tailored by gender, age, and parental status; can help get rid of irrelevant users from the targeted audience.
- Disadvantages: May still reach out to a large number of irrelevant users; possibility of not being able to optimise due to a huge volume of unknown site traffic.
- Combination of Methods – A combination of two or three targeting methods can bring you the optimum results, which also results to the reduction of disadvantages. However, a maximum of three methods should be combined to eliminate the risk of your audience being too limited.
How the Video Ad Builder works: https://www.youtube.com/videoadbuilder
At Very Creative, we have a highly-experienced video production team dedicated to create a video that will flawlessly bring to life what your business and/or team are all about.