Ready for the Rewards of Responsive Website Design?
Responsive website design refers to the approach which aims to respond to a user’s viewing preference across various types of devices.
This design approach provides a user with the maximum viewing experience regardless of the gadget used. A website crafted with this design strategy in mind will show the same features and elements when viewed on a laptop, a desktop computer, an iPad, or a smartphone.
This adaptability is made possible through the use of proportion-based grids, which work on adjusting the layout to conform to the viewing medium.
“Regardless of the gadget used, a site with responsive web design can easily be navigated with minimal scrolling, panning, and image/text resizing.”
Increase your Sales Potential with Responsive Website Design
How important is responsive web design? This is a crucial part of your plan if you aim to reach as many visitors and potential clients as possible. More than half of people who go online do so while they are on the go, accessing various sites using a mobile device.
“Having your site crafted with responsive web design gives you the power to tap into a much larger market for site visitors, as opposed to being limited by a site that can only be seen properly using one screen size or viewing platform. “
For example, a visitor first comes across your site using a desktop computer. As he leaves the office or his home, he uses his mobile device to check out more of your products and services. This visitor will continue browsing your site if it can easily be viewed and navigated using his mobile device. However, if your site looks disorganized or does not load properly on his gadget, the visitor’s interest may wane – resulting to visiting another website and losing your potential sale.
“Imagine the enormous sales potential if your site can be accessed from every gadget and viewing platform, through responsive web design.”
What can you and your site’s visitors gain from responsive web design?
- Optimal User Experience – Visitors can access your website using their preferred device without sacrificing the quality of the layout and content. If visitors find it easy to navigate your site through whatever device they are using, it will be easier to hold their interest and turn it into a solid inquiry and/or sale.
- Improved Sales & Revenue – Increased site traffic – through its accessibility on more devices – translates to an increase in sales and revenue.
- Higher Google Ranking – A responsive web design which has the fluidity to fit any device will only need one URL, as there is no need to come up with a separate one for mobile devices. One key URL will enhance SEO.
- Cost Effectiveness – Having one URL accessible from all devices will result to significant savings, compared to maintaining two separate URLs for the same site.
- Competitive Edge – A vast number of websites are not yet responsive to different viewing platforms. You have that edge against competitors by maintaining a responsive site that can be navigated with ease by your clients.